Nice to meet you
I’m a Pilates matwork instructor based in Melbourne, Australia.
I grew up an inactive child more interested in reading fantasy novels and eating cheese crackers than exercising. It was only in my mid 30s after suffering a bout of anxiety that I discovered that I don’t hate exercise. It did wonders for my anxiety and lower back pain! So I threw myself into it with gusto – quite literally – and I quickly developed a shoulder injury. Rather than stop moving altogether, I committed to a physiotherapy regime and discovered the miracle that is Pilates.
Pilates has helped me understand my body more than I ever thought possible, made me less clumsy, made it easier to carry the shopping home and stopped the odd urge incontinence which I had thought was normal. It also brilliantly compliments my other movement practices – acrobatics, dance, yoga and handstands.
I love that Pilates is designed to be safe for every body, no matter where you start from. Now as an instructor I work with acrobats, dancers and everyday movers. I believe that my role is to help people reap the benefits of movement whatever their goals.
Certified Pilates Instructor
Certified in matwork Pilates by Polestar Australia. Polestar is an internationally recognised and highly respected Pilates method, developed by Physical Therapist Brent Anderson and co-founded by Feldenkrais practitioner Elizabeth Larkam.
Pelvic Floor Expert
Certified and trained in pelvic-floor safe exercises through the Continence Foundation of Australia.
You’re In good Hands
- Working with children card (November 2018)
- Childwise ‘speak up’ training (identifying child abuse) (November 2018)
- $20,000 public liability and $2M professional indemnity insurance (October 2018)
- Industry membership with IICT (October 2018)
- First aid certificate – HLTAID001, HLTAID002 and HLTAID003 (May 2018)
ADDITIONAL MOVEMENT TRAINING:
- Australian Partner Acrobatic Convention (44 hours) – Melbourne (January 2019)
- Acroyoga.org solar immersion (36 hours) – Mimi Núñez & John Karvelis, Melbourne (November 2018)
- Base this! Acro immersion (16 hours) – Ishine Gape, Melbourne (February 2018)
- Australian Partner Acrobatic Convention (44 hours) – Melbourne (January 2018)
- Acrobalance intensive (9 hours) – Shannon McGurgan, Melbourne (August 2017)
- Acroyoga.org elemental immersion (36 hours) – Matt Worley & Stefanie Glasenapp, Adelaide (July 2017)
- Acroyoga skills and flow (14 hours) – Heidi Blais & Jill Campbell, Melbourne (March 2017)
“I now have the confidence after years of doing Pilates that I am getting the most out of each position – this is thanks to Lisa’s ability to clearly verbalise the moves with ease. I would highly recommend lessons with the lovely Lisa.“Tashi
“Lisa’s a great Pilates instructor! She’s been giving me private classes for a while, and it’s great to get my unfit ass moving again without aggravating my lower back injury.“Mel
“I have been loving coming to Lisa’s classes over the last few months! She has such a great energy and a great attitude. Lisa is very hands on and knowledgeable in what she does. I’ve learnt so much from coming to her classes!“Alice